Life with kids in St George
A rite of passage is a significant event that marks the transition from one stage of life to the next, it is a Hero’s Journey. Growing from Boy to Man is the most heroic journey a man will ever make. Helping your boy create his own best version of a Great Man.
WHY DO WE NEED A RITE OF PASSAGE? At adolescence a boy goes through many physical, psychological and social changes. There are distinct differences between boy psychology and man psychology, but the shift from Boy to Man does not happen automatically.
View the flyer with more details here.
• A two night bush camp in bunk room accommodation
• A deep experience of self discovery for boys, aged 13 to 16, and their fathers or another suitable significant male companion.
• The program follows the tried and tested formula of a Rite of Passage:
1. Separation 2. Transformation 3. Reintegration
• A safe, judgement free and respectful space where the boys can share and hear stories from their peers and their elders.
• The boys will be encouraged to explore and express their unique gifts and talents
• They will be challenged to face their fears
• Encouragement to let go of boyish behaviours that will no longer serve the man they wish to become.
• The program is facilitated by a team of skilled and qualified youth counsellors, youth workers and mentors.